Care for your bread
Once you have a loaf of Rise Bakehouse bread you need to make it last! Here's some tips:
Best ways to keep your bread fresh
- Store it in a breadbox or in a cloth bag. Also Bees Wrap works really well and is reusable & washable.
- Always store your bread cut-side down; this delays the exposed crumb from drying out.
Bring your bread back to life
- Bread that’s over a few days old will come right back to life by just toasting up slices.
Freeze any or all of it to make it last
- If you have fresh bread that can't be eaten right away you can freeze the entire loaf or cut it into slices and put it into a freezer bag. Pop out a slice or two and toast them up!
Don't make your bread sad
- Don’t store it in the refrigerator; it dries out the bread quickly.
- Don’t store it in a plastic bag; it locks in the moisture and mold will take over quickly.